To operate the location of the iPhone in any way background should use the following:
- Activate the file project.plist the next value: UIBackgroundModes: Array => location
- Implement an CLLocationManagerDelegate intarface and enable tracing with one of two methods:
- startMonitoringSignificantLocationChanges The problem with this method is that you throw few updates: only when there is a change in cell mobile telephony. The good thing is that it consumes little battery power.
By using this method is very important correctly configure the following variables:
- desiredAccuracy => precision
- distanceFilter => Setting kCLDistanceFilterNone will be received position updates. Not recommended, unless high accuracy is required.
To avoid using too much battery life is better desiredAccuracy put a larger one. For example 100 m. for displaced receive updates every 100 m.